Love writing about a variety of lifestyle topics? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
The Cheat Sheet is looking for a full-time Lifestyle Writer to join our team. The Cheat Sheet is known for its comprehensive analysis of premium lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team creating this content!
As our Lifestyle Writer you will:
- Stay on top of and report on news and top trends across multiple verticals using existing templates for each of our channel partners.
- Propose your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge, as well as receive assignments from editors and channel managers.
- Understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on The Cheat Sheet and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to re-focus ideas.
- Dive into research, making use of internal and external links, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing, utilizing our in-house analytics tool and Google Analytics to gain insights on article performance.
- Managing multiple projects of varying scopes and sizes at once in an independent environment.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What makes The Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers and our company was just named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics including: Culture, Health & Fitness, and Celebrities, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- A working knowledge of search-engine optimization and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please fill out this form.