Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 1,900 websites in the food, lifestyle, and entertainment space, is searching for a Lead Wordpress Engineer to assist in building solutions for our publishers and work with our engineering team to launch new products. We are looking for a mid-to-senior level developer to lead our Wordpress team in building plugins, themes, and integrations with our backend.
We are looking for someone with great organizational skills, as well as someone who cares deeply about the quality of the product they are building. We're a primarily remote team, so experience with leading a remote team is greatly desired.
As an engineer at Mediavine you can expect to:
- Conceptualize and create new wordpress plugins
- Work with design team to optimize user experience
- Develop ways to automate and optimize development
- Manage plugin rollouts to our publishers
- Ensure all plugins have met QA requirements
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Contributes to/Owner of at least one published plugin with 100+ active installs
- Experience working with Subversion and/or Git
- Continuous drive to learn
- Project lead experience
- Deep familiarity with Wordpress core
- 2+ Years in customer facing role (customer service, support, etc)
- Experience with TDD, including wordpress testing frameworks
- Located within the United States
Bonus points for
- Experience/Comfort working with Agile Frameworks like SCRUM
- Eye for Design
- Experience developing new frameworks
- Located within the Twin Cities Metro area
Mediavine has been an internet publisher since 2004. We own and operate The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic, Movie Fanatic and Food Fanatic.
In 2013, when Food Fanatic was launched and our relationship with bloggers began, we learned we weren’t alone in our frustrations with the way most ad networks are run. Since then we've teamed up with over 2000 different publishers to create frustration free advertising experiences running high quality, non intrusive and relevant advertisements.