Revolution Messaging is hiring a Lead Web Designer to join our custom design and development team. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable honing their craft in a rapid response environment spanning a broad spectrum of progressive clients and projects.
If selected for this position, you will provide guidance, mentorship, and direction to a growing team of designers, developers, and strategists. Your expertise will help political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits succeed in an increasingly digital world. You'll do interesting and important work for nationally recognized organizations who are looking to make the world a more progressive, safe and tolerant place to live. You’ll work with our technology team which is remotely distributed across the United States, joining our remote workforce if desired. Note that this position will require occasional travel to our headquarters in Washington D.C.The Ideal Candidate
You're ready to help invoke real change in the American political system and are comfortable leading design projects and overseeing a growing team of designers. You:
- Have 5+ years designing for interaction and the web.
- Have 2+ years of agency experience.
- Exemplify strong leadership, backed by previous leadership experience.
- Speak the language of design and can confidently communicate design decisions to clients and developers.
- Are equally comfortable designing complex interactions, offering guidance to your team or developing and researching new techniques to help your team work efficiently.
- Feel at home collaborating with a remote workforce and communicate digitally with ease. (We primarily use Slack, Basecamp, Invision and Zoom.us.)
- Believe that a website is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Possess a conceptual understanding and passion for modular design practices.
- Invest thought into improving design workflows and client deliverables.
- Understand that designs develop through productive conversations with project stakeholders.
- Sweat the details and have a knack for detecting and preparing for edge-case scenarios.
- Can come up with a creative way to include the phrase “Vive la révolution” in your cover letter.
- Have a diverse portfolio that demonstrates a thorough understanding of design systems.
- Love to solve complex problems visually and like to help others do the same.
- Have a master-level understanding of the Adobe Suite of design products and familiarity with modern design tools like Sketch.app and Invision.
- Live and are legally eligible to work in the United States.
The Lead Custom Web Designer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of web design at Revolution Messaging, working to bridge the gap between creative, development, and management. You will:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the web design team by building strong relationships through regularly scheduled meetings and periodic training with key team members.
- Set design standards and protocols for the custom web development team.
- Ensure product quality and consistency through design reviews.
- Recommend and develop tools, technologies, and processes to increase design efficiency and quality.
- Develop, maintain, and grow an internal library of design procedures and documentation as directed by the Director of Custom Web Development.
- Work in close collaboration with tech team management to identify web design needs and recommend technical, procedural or staffing solutions as directed by the Director of Custom Web Development.
- Be responsible for ensuring quality design is shipped on time, on budget.
- Report directly to the Director of Custom Web Development.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits. Some of these are:
- Work remote
- Medical and dental plan
- 15 days paid time off per year
- Your birthday off (16th paid day off)
- Cost-splitting oppertunities for Conferences and learning materials
- Laptop (We’re primarily a Mac shop.)
- Competitive salary and bonus compensation based on individual performance
Revolution Messaging, founded in 2009, in Washington, D.C. by key members of the 2008 Obama campaign, is a leader in cutting-edge progressive strategies for a digital world. Our clients include government agencies, nonprofit groups, unions and political campaigns and candidates. Revolution Messaging specializes in a bevy of in-house digital strategies, including mobile, advertising, social media, video, creative, fundraising and web development.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Apply: Please send a resume, a few lines about yourself, a link to your Twitter (if you’re willing to share) and your salary requirements to email@example.com.