We are looking for a software engineer with the ability and experience to understand an existing system and vision a more complete, scalable system for our clients in a fun, agile work environment. Candidates should be interested in joining a small firm that employs a highly engaged and experienced team of retirement income specialists. You'll have the opportunity to be part of shaping a cutting-edge fintech platform that will be targeted towards thousands of financial advisors around the country.
As lead developer, you will be working with key players in the business world from across the country, and have significant control over systems and architecture decisions. You will be the first member of our permanent development team and would assist in finding and leading additional team members and/or agency partners as we grow.
The position will be relatively flexible on location. We would prefer to find someone in the Hartford area who could commute to our office daily. However, we are open to someone in the Boston or New York metro areas who would be willing to visit the office once or twice a week for meetings with the rest of the team.
- Architecture, tools, and systems design decision making leading to specification documentation
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle, including software configuration management practices
- Understanding of machine and systems provisioning in Amazon Web Services
- PHP application development with a mysql database (Amazon RDS experience useful)
- Ability to quickly learn APIs to connect with outside data aggregators or partner institutions
- Capable of independently learning new products, technologies, and tools
- Track and support application builds and deployments into Dev, QA, and Production environments
- Experience in software development and/or release, configuration, build, and deployment management automation
- Experience with Git, and GitHub version control tools
- Independent and creative thinker and decision maker with strong communication skills
- UI/UX design experience
- Financial industry experience or understanding
- Leadership role experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
WealthConductor, LLC is a newly launched firm in the financial services industry that delivers retirement income planning and tracking software to financial advisors nationwide. Our existing product IncomeConductor (IC) is a unique and highly competitive SaaS application with an established user base and aggressive growth plans.
IC is designed to help advisors easily and intuitively design, implement and monitor income plans for their clients. Their clients include pre-retirees, retirees, and any individual or organization seeking a long-term plan for generating sustainable income from existing savings. We have been helping advisors achieve this goal for over two years now, and have been incorporating their feedback into our strategy and our tools to better serve their needs.