Location: Remote (within UK)
Salary: £65-95k (Experience based)
Currently, we are building applications across retail, energy, and healthcare sectors. Our applications make life simpler; whether its processing millions of transactions or automating the smart home.
This role is a full time, permanent position and you can work from wherever you want within the UK. Our remote-first team are spread across 14 different countries. Our HQ is based in London, UK and you are welcome to drop by if you prefer working in an office environment. We would require you to visit our London office at least one day per month to meet any new team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST: Be eligible to live and work in the UK (We don’t sponsor Visas)
- MUST: Experience leading a team and working harmoniously with others
- MUST: Native level written and spoken English
- MUST: Competent at using Git
- BONUS: Native iOS or Android mobile application development background
- SHOULD HAVE: Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases
- SHOULD HAVE: A basic understanding of UI/UX design principles
- SHOULD HAVE: Functional programming experience
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with complex server-side design
- SHOULD HAVE: Used tools such as Jira and Trello
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Morning stand-up with the team via video
- Navigate large existing applications, understand the functionality, and recreate it using React Native
- Have a direct input in application architecture decisions
- Write efficient and testable code
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
What we look for
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills
- A proactive and autonomous approach towards work
- Experience working across a variety of different languages
- Ability to work on large codebases with require patience to understand
- High quality coding standards
- Strong team ethic; keen to help other team members succeed
Delivering exceptional value to our clients is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
As a Purepoint developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
We will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Zoom (video conferencing) in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
- Work remotely
- Great salary
- Flexible holiday package
- Rewarding work on bleeding-edge technology
- Pension scheme
- Career development - investment in your skills
- Exceptional support network from your team members
- Funding towards open source projects