2017-05-30 10:20:29 True False
Lead DevOps Engineer – Wirecutter
Headquarters: New York, NY
The Wirecutter is seeking an experienced devops engineer to be the inaugural member of our infrastructure team. This is a new role, reporting to the Head of Technology, that will work with our engineering and data teams to lay a solid foundation for our products. The infrastructure team’s mission is to ensure Wirecutter products are performant, highly available, scalable, and secure.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and positive developer operations leader. You will play a starring role in setting and implementing our infrastructure strategy and roadmap for the present and future. Your vision will determine how we consolidate our menagerie of stacks, tooling, and services into processes that are more manageable, efficient, reliable, and documented.
Qualified candidates are cross-disciplined, think critically, communicate clearly, collaborate, solve problems, and accelerate product engineering productivity without sacrificing reliability. We are a distributed team that empowers individuals and practices continuous deployment. You should be comfortable working remotely, and, ideally, you have experience working with distributed engineering teams.
About The Wirecutter:
Founded five years ago by journalists fed up with the time and energy it takes to shop, The Wirecutter (which includes its sister site The Sweethome) developed a simpler approach to giving buying advice: just tell people exactly what to get in one single guide. The company’s purpose: to help people find great things, quickly and easily. Through rigorous testing, research, reporting, and whatever means necessary, they create straightforward recommendations that save readers from unnecessary stress, time, and effort. We then monetize these guides by enabling our readers to easily purchase the products they are interested in.
The Wirecutter was recently acquired by, and is now a subsidiary of The New York Times Company. As part of the acquisition, the Times is investing in The Wirecutter to accelerate its business through editorial category expansion, development of more robust product features and unlocking new revenue streams.
- Lead Wirecutter’s development operations strategy and roadmap.
- Consolidate and configure our continuous integration (currently Scrutinizer) and automated deployment systems (currently Deploybot and Ansibile).
- Manage our production and staging environments for our website (WordPress) and platform application (Laravel), including configurations and updates.
- Manage our development environments (currently Vagrant) so they match our production environments.
- Administer our AWS infrastructure to maximize reliability, performance, and security.
- Manage our cloud (AWS and GCP) database systems for our data team.
- Work closely with our product and data engineering teams to automate tedious tasks
- Draft standards and documentation for our infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Configure monitoring, auditing, and alerting systems to proactively identify bottlenecks and potential failures.
- Previous relevant experience supporting a modern web application architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience with deploying and managing AWS services, such as S3, EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.
- Experience with cloud database administration (e.g., Redshift, BigQuery)
- Experience managing third party service providers.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable and resilient systems.
- Proven experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and infrastructure automation.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to drive results.
- Though The Wirecutter has physical locations in both NYC and LA, the company promotes and encourages a remote workforce, so that our employees can work in flexible and comfortable ways.
- We are committed to career development, supported by a formal mentoring program as well as tuition reimbursement. The New York Times Company offers frequent panel discussions and talks by industry leaders (Sheryl Sandberg, Melinda Gates and Ta-Nehisi Coates are a few recent examples), that we encourage our employees to attend.
- We believe diversity fuels innovation and creativity, and we have a variety of employee groups and task forces across The New York Times Company and The Wirecutter dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- We offer a generous parental leave policy, which was recently expanded in response to employee feedback. Birth mothers receive 16 weeks fully paid, adoptive parents and birth fathers receive 10 weeks also fully paid. Similarly, we offer competitive health and dental insurance, as well as 401k matching.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
To apply: Send resume to email@example.com
الوظيفة غير نشطة
غير قابل للتطبيق
منذ 10 أشهر
منذ 5 أشهر