Hi, we are Simon, Patrick, and William of moovel’s pay squad.
Together we develop the payment backend that customers use to pay for mobility services like car2go, mytaxi, and public transport.
We are looking for a skilled and independently working Kotlin developer. The ideal candidate would be interested in building software in a microservice architecture—together with different teams at moovel.
Although knowledge in Kotlin is not a hard requirement for this position—especially if you are fluent in other JVM languages like Scala or Java—you should know it’ll be the main coding language deployed here
First a quick look at us
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions.
We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture. We also put emphasis on fun and play.
We are a partner for cities, transport networks, and customers working to make cities smarter. Part of that involves creating an operating system for urban mobility. One that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles.
Currently, 250 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations—Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Portland.
How the role will work
As part of a cross-functional team, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining services in our microservice-based architecture, currently with Java/Kotlin.
We are looking for someone who likes to do challenging and high-demand work in an experienced work environment. You should be someone who loves to bring in and share your experience and new ideas, to push for new processes and improve them. You’ll shape the product by contributing your ideas to our payment solutions while bringing your projects from development to production (continuous deployment).
Some of the things you will do
Breaking down concrete tasks for this position is not that easy, but that's what makes it so exciting.
- Here are some things we’ll entrust you with right away:
- Building and maintaining systems in a distributed and cloud-based environment.
- Shaping the product by contributing your ideas to our payment services in the mobility space
- Accompanying your products from development to production (continuous deployment).
- You have strong technical skills in Kotlin/Java/JVM/Spring/Postgres as well as experience and knowledge of microservices architecture. Excellent awareness of architecture and code quality are really important for us. Just as important as work experience with agile methodologies.
- You should be open to learn new languages and frameworks and to be able to work in a rapidly changing startup environment
- As our corporate language is English, you should have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- We work with Amazon Web Services so it’s a plus if you are familiar with that as well and have experience with web frontend development (Angular/React)
In summary, we are looking for a pioneer who loves working on products with impact and leading a motivated and ambitious team with a modern leadership style. If this letter speaks to you and you are more than ready for this challenge—we definitely want to meet you. Because we can already say that there is an exciting journey ahead of us.
We can’t wait to meet you! Apply now by using the application form.
Simon, William and Patrick
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact Nicole Armatowski +49 711 219 53941