Anthro is a full service digital marketing agency.
We exist to tackle the world’s biggest problems. We live at the intersection of science, technology and politics to driving understanding, action, and change. We are thinkers who break down the walls. We are explorers who find the signal through the noise. We build and guide our clients vision giving a voice to those who need it most.
Do you want to change the world?
We are located in the heart of New York's tech scene in DUMBO and work strictly with cause based not-for-profits that are looking to leave the world a better place than we found it. We have a full book of clients and are hoping you might be our next team member!
We are looking for a talented junior web engineer (mostly front-end, some back-end) to join our development team on-site. You will be working on a small team creating web applications and websites that will change the world forever.
- NodeJS and package management
- CSS (Mostly PostCSS, experience with SASS/LESS is a plus)
- Git Knowledge (Branching / PR / Merging - We use Github)
- Continuous Integration (We use Travis CI)
- Test-Driven Development knowledge is also a plus (We use Jest / Enzyme to test our applications, knowledge of Karma or Jasmine is a plus)
Preferred Skills, but not required
- React / JSX
- Webpack 2
- Knowledge of how Redux works in context of React
- Headless Environments (Chrome/PhantomJS)
- Some AWS Knowledge / Container management such as Docker
- Basic DNS Settings
- Data store (We use a combination of MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Caching (We use Varnish)
- Basic knowledge and best practices of SEO
- Basic knowledge of best practices for web development
- Basic knowledge of Analytics and event tracking (We use Google Analytics, experience in Omniture is a plus)
- Skills in other programming languages is also a plus (Python/PHP/Shell)