PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This position is responsible for developing and documenting APIs with an emphasis on Node.js and Express. The ability to architect complex web applications using frameworks and APIs is a must and experience with datastores including MS SQL Server would be preferred. Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations. May collaborate with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, and networking) and with external vendors. Maintain and update APIs to ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization.
Remote employment is available for the right candidate.
- Interact with end users to determine specifications for new software applications or software changes.
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Participate in or lead all parts of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
1. Education and training:
- B.S. in computer science or related field is preferred.
2. Technical knowledge:
- Experience with Node.js, Express and TypeScript required.
- Experience interacting with JSON.
- Strong REST API design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of database systems, Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Git workflow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English Language)