As an Interapt Skills Subject Matter Expert (SME), it is your responsibility to work with a team to create a 12-week immersive curriculum with a focus on Java with Spring and SQL. This process should start from documenting skills required to be a Java developer, include building out interesting and fun projects for students, and writing lesson plans.
Interapt Skills is defined by passionate and dedicated people focused on changing lives through technology education. The best candidate will redefine the SME role across the Interapt Skills Program and make a significant contribution to our efforts to bring high-income employment opportunities to overlooked and underserved populations.
An Interapt Skills Subject Matter Expert reports to the Director of Curriculum and is responsible for understanding industry standards and trends as well as Interapt Skills curriculum, philosophy, and structure.
- Work with a Lead Curriculum Engineer to develop a Java (Spring)/SQL curriculum
- Conduct industry research in study track field to ensure the curriculum is current with the industry and ahead of trends.
- Outline skills necessary for a junior developer to be successful in Java/Spring/SQL.
- Review curriculum to ensure job skills are taught.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Java SE, Spring, and SQL.
- Minimum 1 year management experience
- Capacity to clearly and simply explain technical concepts.
- Experience in pedagogy, tutoring, and/or teaching.
- Creative, passionate, and driven by a growth-oriented mindset.
- Experience working with Google for Work suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5 or more years of work experience in Java SE and/or Java EE
- Experience writing curriculum, including lesson plans and projects.
- Experience teaching technical curricula.
Email your resume to Crystal.Adkins@interapt.com