Are you looking for a new challenge? Want to work with, smart, creative and collaborative people? If so, we really should talk ASAP! We're Adaptive, a growing software consultancy with happy staff and happy clients. We have a pretty flat structure as we're not really bothered about titles, we focus more on results and respect.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- participate in the team effort to build and release quality financial software in a timely manner.
- you will be involved in the technical design and implementation of a distributed, multi-region, multi-platform architecture.
- you will be working work in a test-driven, Agile development environment.
Required skills and experience:
- professional server-side software development experience preferably in (but not restricted to) Java
- knowledge of scripting language (e.g. Python)
- passionate about building distributed, scalable, reliable, and performant software
- experience with financial systems is a plus
- deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- excellent communication skills
- language: English - don't worry about being fluent, we offer lessons and you will also pick it up quickly by virtue of working with our distributed teams.
- Competitive salary
- A dynamic team where all ideas and suggestions are valued and considered
- Great office space in a building that offers services such as showers and laundry services
- Brown-bag lunches where you and colleagues present to the global technical team on a technical subject of your choice.
- Weekly team lunch
- Professional growth opportunities
- Private health insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Card
Find out more about us at: weareadaptive.com