Ferguson is seeking a seasoned Interaction Designer to join our growing and highly collaborative digital team, where you’ll help shape our newest B2B digital products and enhancement roadmap.
The ideal candidate is meticulous, has a keen visual eye for beautiful and useful products, and loves crafting digital experiences for a wide spectrum of customers. You’re passionate about finding new ways to visualize data, asking lots of questions and solving complicated UX and interaction problems.
This is a unique opportunity to design and build phenomenal user experiences for innovative digital products within the wholesale distribution space.
You have a proven performance in:
- Effective collaboration with Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers, Designers, and Developers to define the best approach to a problem Design thinking application to the end-to-end customer experience
- Pivoting between high-level product decisions, to understanding the low-level implications of those discussions
- Establishing and reinforcing consistent design patterns
- Creating the right documentation for the task at hand, ranging from a sketch on a whiteboard to an annotated mockup that a developer can run with
- Working closely with developers to deliver polished final product
- Giving and soliciting feedback from your fellow team members in order to constantly raise the bar
- Taking ownership of your projects as a whole, following them through to launch, while always evangelizing the customer experience
- Familiarity with assisting in the gathering of customer research and insights
- 3-5 years experience designing across multiple platforms, along with an online portfolio that reflects it
- Substantial visual design skills, ability to solve complex UX problems, and ability to create new visual design patterns and systems
- Top-notch communication, project management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback from peers and stakeholders and incorporate to improve the final product
- Ability to empathize with a variety of different kinds of users and customers
- Hands-on experience designing data rich complex interfaces or infographic