Founded in 2002, Brevan Howard is one of the world’s leading global macro absolute return managers.
Brevan Howard manages assets for institutional investors around the globe including sovereign wealth funds, corporate and public pension plans, foundations and endowments. The group has over 200 employees with offices in London, New York, Geneva, Jersey, Hong Kong, Washington and Singapore.
Role location: Central London, UK
Visa: Candidate must have UK right to work or a valid UK work permit
Salary: Competitive with good benefits
Position: Full time/Permanent
We are looking for a full-time DevOps/Infrastructure engineer. You will be at the core of building out infrastructure to help scale operations of a platform build in python. You will design and maintain data pipelines as well as identify/resolve critical problems throughout the platform.
This role will support the Systematic Investment Group Quants Development team:
- The DevOps team keeps our tooling and processes up-to-date with our evolving needs
- Help layer management, orchestration, monitoring, and alerting for several instances
- Ensure that data pipelines and platform offerings can run and scale effortlessly
- Identify and resolve critical problems throughout the platform, which includes application performance
- Keep up with the latest Cloud services to help scale operations and better achieve high- availability
Working hours and special circumstances:
Standard hours are 8am to 6pm. Some flexibility is required to fulfil the role. Responsibilities for the job include supporting existing systems, which is done on a rota basis. Must be flexible enough to accommodate liaison with overseas offices.
Essential skills/knowledge and experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as a DevOps/Infrastructure engineer/systems administrator/site reliability engineer
- Experience with Build / Deployment / Automation systems
- Experience with Linux Systems
- Experience with Cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Programming in Python, SQL
- Programming in shell script
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and expectations at once
- Technologies for automated monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- "security-first" mentality
- Good communication skills, split on-call duty with other engineers on the team
- A passion for computer systems and technology
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, an expert on cloud technologies
- Container (Docker) orchestration
- Experience with config management
If you have the relevant skills & experience required and you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume/cv. Please kindly use the reference 'Infrastructure Engineer' in the title of your application.