Head of Open Sourceنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 5 أشهر
As a community, the Toptal network places a great deal of emphasis on mentorship, professional development, and free exchange of knowledge and expertise. Many Toptalers are extremely active open source contributors. As Toptal’s Head of Open Source, you will lead major initiatives designed to support Toptalers pursuing open source interests. You will work with the Community Team and team leads across the company to structure high-impact, large-scale open source community initiatives, and will be relied on heavily as the company’s expert in the open source world. You will also work on open source projects yourself, both with other Toptalers and independently.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead the strategy and execution of large-scale open source associated initiatives designed to provide dedicated support to Toptalers who would like to pursue their open source interests.
- Evaluate the merit of prospective open source projects and determine the allocation of Toptal resources and support.
- Work directly with members of the Toptal community to guide and accelerate their open source pursuits.
- Organize and maintain project reviews and status updates with key stakeholders.
- Pull and report on key wins and challenges from various open source projects for marketing and blog posts.
- Work with teams across the company to lead and manage partnerships with organizations that are involved in open source.
- Maintain and grow Toptal’s network of contacts in the open source community.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the open source world and use your understanding to guide Toptalers to stay on the bleeding-edge of open source.
- Represent Toptal at interviews with open source-oriented media outlets and organizations.
- Contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack/Skype.
- You must be an avid open source contributor and enthusiast.
- Contributions to noteworthy and highly successful open source projects is preferred.
- Strong connections in the open source community are a plus.
- You must have a strong grasp of the latest developments in the open source world, and a strong interest in expanding both the breadth and depth of your open source expertise and understanding.
- Strong public speaking skills. Experience giving talks on open source subjects is preferred.
- You must be an accomplished, senior engineer with a proven track record delivering on successful projects.
- Experience in technical writing and contributing to publications is a strong asset.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must have a strong commitment to initiatives that further open sharing of knowledge, expertise, and mentorship.
- You must have a strategic mindset and the ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|