Growth Product Managerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر 2017-08-18 23:38:36
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
US Based Applicants Only
As a Product Manager at CROmetrics, you will be a hybrid product manager, strategic thinker, account manager and data analyst. Your primary role is to partner with our clients to improve their websites through data-driven experimentation and personalization. A Product Manager spends much of their time interfacing with clients, designers and engineers. On the client side, the PM must be able to generate data-driven ideas that will improve revenue and other key metrics on client websites.
As a PM, you will be leading all A/B testing and personalization experimentation for the client, which includes the following:
- Partnering with the client for the ideation, prioritization, road-mapping, design, and approval process for all hypotheses generation and experimentation
- Diving deep into the results to deliver the data story, learnings and recommendations from the experiment
- Collaborating with a remote team of engineers, designers and other PMs to support experiment ideation and execution
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship from daily experiment monitoring to kicking off the renewal process to evangelizing the value of CROmetrics
In addition, as a CROmetrics team member, you will:
- Support the professional growth of the team through leading and/or participating in ongoing training, e.g. book club
- Engage in non-client related activities that help grow our business, e.g. writing the PM job description or delivering hypotheses and mock-ups for a sales deck
- Actively participate in our remote culture
Who we’re looking for
Our most successful candidates have the following skills/experience/traits:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in digital product management, user experience design or similar roles on consumer-facing web products
- Demonstrated extremely strong presentation and communication skills
- Built and delivered product roadmaps full of winning and losing ideas
- Passion for using data to improve user experiences
- Hands-on experience analyzing digital business data to inform decisions and plan strategically
- Worked cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment, preferably in a remote capacity
- Genuinely like working with clients and their distributed stakeholder groups
- Love product strategy, but obsessed with the details on execution
- Lifelong learner
If you’re interested in checking out the swell people you’ll be working with, click here to learn more about the team.
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is funded by the company.
- Our engineers value elegant code, but move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). If “minimum viable product” isn’t in your lexicon, you aren’t a good fit.
- Communication is critical. We’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “write specs and close tickets” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, seeing their ideas and work affect millions of users, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- We’re relentlessly focused on our client’s happiness. The PM is a client-facing role. Managing a client relationship virtually takes a different type of skill set – the PMs have to be both a strategic partner, the customer (represented by the data), teacher and project manager over the phone/email/Slack, all while delivering an exceptional level of service. This type of interaction is not for everyone, and we completely understand. It’s not easy!
- We are not perfect. A the core of experimentation is the lesson to be learned from the test, whether a win, loss or inconclusive. We extend this concept to everything we do by setting the bar high for our team and fostering an environment of radical candor and constant learning.
This short essay sums up the philosophy we operate by: A Message to Garcia. Sound like something you are interested in? Read on.
A unique application and hiring process, just like us
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that. We’ve outlined our values and how we work above, and now we will ask you to complete a couple small tasks to show us you’re interested.
Create A Work Sample
The following is a typical task you would be doing on a daily basis. Follow the steps below to see if this type of work interests you and is a good fit.
We want to know how you think about designing elegant product solutions focused around increasing conversions.
Here is the website for one of our clients: Hired.com. Hired spends a lot of money (e.g. through paid ads) to drive applicants, primarily software engineers, to their site. Their goal is to increase the number of leads/applicants that complete the signup flow and are ready to be hired.
In a real-life client situation, you will work with the client to create a testing roadmap supported by data that aligns with the client’s KPI’s. You’ll then write a spec for the experiments, and will work with engineering to implement and QA the experiment. Once the test is implemented, you’ll run an A/B test, share the results with the client, draw insights from the test, and develop new ideas for testing.
To apply: When you’ve completed your hypothesis backlog and spec, please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, include the following: A paragraph that tells us a little about yourself and why you are interested in this job; Desired pay and general availability; Resume and/or link to your LinkedIn/Twitter/whatever profile; The hypothesis/ideas backlog you created for Hired.com; The spec/wireframe for one of your top hypotheses. Assuming your submission exceeds expectations, we will reach out to schedule a few informal conversations with our team to learn more about you, and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions of us. If all goes well for both you and CROmetrics, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week as a 1099 contractor. This can be done on the side of your current full-time job so there is less risk to you. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship based on the type of position you desire. Either more hours as a part-time contractor, or becoming a full-time W-2 employee. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal. Thanks again for your interest in the Growth Product Manager position with CROmetrics. We look forward to hearing from you!
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|المهارات||software engineer,manager,qa,rest,designer,git,product manager,project manager,ux,go,distributed,sales,engineer|