About the team
We are working hard in our 2.0 version of the Semaphor messaging system and platform. The software stack for the backend is PostgreSQL and Go. We are looking to expand our team to help us develop the microservices behind Semaphor.
We are a small team comprised of talented polyglot developers that have chosen Go as their main tool for the past several years to bring Semaphor to life.
- Implement already written specifications for distributed services in Go.
- Design and specify new services. We have a lot of work already architected, but there's still a lot to go in the roadmap.
- Iterate over our current codebase to improve it and fix bugs.
- Take ownership of the tasks assigned, regardless of their scope. Working on bug fixes doesn't entail less ownership than writing a new service from scratch.
- 2+ years experience in developing services in Go.
- Familiarity with TDD.
- Experience using Docker.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with multiplatform development. Our client side Go codebase runs in Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Some Python skills, all our integration tests are written in Python.
- Familiarity with development focused on security.
Still interested? Email us your resume (plain text preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
SpiderOak has been working for the past 10+ years bringing security and privacy to consumers and enterprises. First in the backup area with SpiderOak ONE, and now expanding to group messaging with Semaphor.
We are a remote friendly company, but if you are local to Kansas City you are always welcome to work from the office. Significant overlap with US Central time zone required. You will be expected to communicate regularly with the rest of your team, working out problems and collaborating in a daily basis to drag projects across the finish line. The ability to take lead on projects falling under your responsibility is paramount. While we do not use a strict Agile methodology, you must be comfortable working closely with the rest of the company to ensure an iterative process. We require a basic working proficiency in the written and spoken English language, and the ability to travel to the United States 1-4 times a year for team meet-ups.
Much as we believe in internet privacy for all, we do not discriminate in who we choose to be part of our team. We know no boundaries based on race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexuality, or other terms humans use to separate the 'us' from the 'them'. If you can do the job and communicate readily, we will be happy to work with you.
We offer a compensation package including paid vacation, holiday, and personal time for all, and US workers enjoy a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and short and long term disability insurance.