PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of any and all software applications assigned by the Director of Software Development. You will participate in or lead all stages of the software development lifecycle; including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support. While your focus will be GIS applications, you will need to be knowledgeable in all areas of development.
This is being offered as a remote or on-site in Atlanta, IN position.
- Interact with end users to determine specifications for new software applications or software changes.
- Use ArcPy to perform geographic data analysis, data conversion, data management, and map automation with Python.
- Contribute to large-scale geographic spatial projects in support of Beck’s FARMserver Group.
- Upgrade and migrate existing application/services to current architecture of ESRI ArcGIS Server and ArcMap.
- Estimate work effort and proposes development solutions.
- Produce customized analysis tools for internal users.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
1. Education and training:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Geography or related field is preferred.
- Prior experience with geospatial analysis in the Precision Ag space.
2. Technical knowledge:
- Exposure to Agile development methodology, implemented via Scrum.
- Experience with ESRI Server and ArcMap.
- Working knowledge of imagery processing required.
- Working knowledge of ArcPy framework.
- Relational Database experience required.
- Knowledge of Git workflow a plus.