We are looking for a Game Developer (Software Engineer) to join our growing development team and be a part of building a top quality Steam game (PC). The ideal candidate is a hands-on Unreal Engine 4 developer with a passion for building and playing video games, with years of experience and knowledge in the Video Game space. The candidate must be at ease working in an Agile Environment (Scrum) and be self-managing. This role is full-time and works directly with the CTO & reports to the President.
This role is not available remotely, only local candidates will be considered.
Down Smash Studios was started by talented gamers with many years of experience in the software industry who are passionate about creating top quality game experiences. We are based in North York, steps away from Sheppard Subway Station (4711 Yonge Street). DSS believes in a healthy work-life balance and provides its employees with excellent perks and flexible office hours. This includes: Paid TTC/Parking, medical coverage, an In-Office Rec Room, 10-4 office hours instead of 9-5:30, provided drinks and snacks, and frequent office outings.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Analyze, provide feedback, and estimate Game Development Projects in an Agile Environment (Scrum)
- Write efficient and effective code for Unreal Engine 4 concurrently with the development team (game content, events, artificial intelligence, etc)
- Work closely with the CTO to find effective solutions to complex programming challenges
- Partner with QA in developing methods to test code in a complex 3D environment
- Deploy code to a Github Repository and pass regular Code Reviews
- Cross-functional collaboration with Leadership, the Design Team, and QA
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and Github
- Proficient with C++
- Experience with SideFX’s Houdini is highly valued
- Demonstrated game development experience: completed or in-progress personal projects are highly valued
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development Methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We are looking for someone with 2-5 years minimum experience in the Gaming Industry. We expect a lot from our engineers and we go to great lengths to create an excellent work environment, built on trust and a shared passion for video games. The ideal candidate should provide a creative cover letter and resume. The candidate, at a certain point in the interview process, should expect to have their technical capabilities assessed in UE4. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to hearing from you!