Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
Hi, we are ofri, based in Zurich, Switzerland, and are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Web Developer to join our small remote team.
Our marketplace connects employers who need to get a job done with handymen interested in doing the job. Our vision is to be the most reliable plattform for finding the best handymen for a fair price. We strongly believe in a timeless business approach: simplicity, great quality and awesome customer service. We are 100% bootstrapped, profitable and have grown by ~ 50% annually over the last couple of years. Our main stack consists of: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, MySQL, Amazon S3, Ubuntu, Nginx, Unicorn. We also work on some other tools with Node.js, PostgreSQL and Redis.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Ruby. Professional, personal projects or open source.
- Strong understanding of Rails.
- Good understanding of UNIX and shell scripting.
Why join our team
- Friendly and flexible work environment with a 100% remote team that want's to genuinely improve the handymen industry.
- Work on a variety of interesting problems, ranging from simplifying user interaction and A/B tests to fraud detection and data science.
- Have a real impact - every commit can move our product massively forward.
- 5 weeks vacation.
- Full Time Role (though we are flexible if part time is required).
- Location: this is a 100% remote job; but you should be able to travel from time to time (at our expense) to get-togethers events.
To apply: No agencies desired. Interested? Write Benny Hertach an E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your application, a few words about yourself and why you find the position interesting, an up-to-date CV or your LinkedIn profile, as well as your GitHub Profile (or any other similar site with your code). You can also attach a file with code samples. If you have any questions, just ask! :)