About the Role:
The Full Stack Developer plays an important hybrid role which requires both back-end and front-end engineering skills. This position provides opportunities to put on multiple hats and play various roles. We value developers who can own projects and develop complete, end-to-end solutions.
You will be working with a team of passionate developers looking to push forward the state of the ad tech industry and modern web apps a little bit each day.
- 3+ years of experience working on production web-based applications
- Experience designing or working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with our stack, or equivalents:
- Experience with version control software (Git / GitHub) in team environments
Nice to haves:
- Experience within the digital advertising industry
- Experience with Data Visualization (D3), data-intensive dashboards
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS / SASS / SCSS)
- Experience maintaining large CSS codebases (OOCSS / BEM / SMACSS)
- Experience with continuous integration, test-driven development
- An active GitHub / StackOverflow profile (please attach links if applicable)
- Good sense of UI / UX (please attach links if applicable)
- Bonus points for knowledge of emerging web standards and paradigms (FRP, Streams, Observables, Web Components, Progressive Web Apps, HTTP/2, WebRTC, etc)
- Gather technical requirements and working with designer to ensure practicality of designs
- Breaking down concepts, wireframes, and mockups into logical components and domains
- Designing data flows and documenting your work, producing technical documentation to ensure long-term success and enable team members to re-use your work
- Ensuring features and interactions are reproduced effectively and accurately across modern browsers
- Producing APIs that adhere to best practices and address modern security concerns
- Continuously optimizing for performance and usability of our app
Our promise to you:
- We’re highly focused on doing the right thing. We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, and you won’t take the blame for trying to building the best damn web app ever.
- Your ideas and creative freedoms will be respected. We encourage our developers to take up ownership of projects and responsibilities so they can work autonomously without micro-management.
- With the help of continuous integration tools, we work in short and quick sprints. You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly.
- Most of your time will be spent coding. We’ll try our best to not bog you down with meetings or other “boring” work.
- You will be making meaningful contributions to a project that may soon become a pivotal product and major revenue stream for the company.
- Addictive Mobility is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your promise to us:
- You should have immaculate attention to detail and leave no stone unturned: every button should have proper hover states, active states, loading states, and even error states.
- You are paranoid about clean and consistent code. You don’t leave technical debt for your teammates to clean up.
- You see assigned tasks through to completion but also know when push back and not over-promise
- We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies. We expect you to keep up with the latest trends and best practices, and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
Why join us?
Addictive Mobility is a technology platform that provides an end-to-end solution map for in-app advertising. As mobile has grown, we have rapidly expanded with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, UK, and Dubai, and now have over 50 employees globally.
Our impressive growth has landed Addictive Mobility on the Branham 300 list 3 years in a row and, in 2015, we were ranked #1 on the Top 25 Movers and Shakers list.
Our head office is in Liberty Village in downtown Toronto.