Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and appealing products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that cultivate goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our engineering team. The position of full-stack engineer is open to remote employees as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office. Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As a full-stack engineer at Interfolio, you will:
- Deliver fully tested, high performing code
- Work with both frontend and backend technologies, bridging the gap while you participate in full feature sets
- Collaborate with a team of remote employees in the planning and execution of well-defined sprints
- Participate in our agile processes, working towards, and contributing to, the goals and vision of our roadmap
- Contribute ideas to help us grow and thrive as a team
Qualifications and experience
Skills we’re looking for:
- Solid background in engineering, as evidenced by real-world experience
- Seasoned experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience using iterative and incremental methods and TDD and/or BDD
In addition, you should have:
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Angular, React, Ember, etc.
- Experience with Git and GitHub for version control
- Experience creating APIs
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!