Due to huge and rapid growth across On, we are looking for an experienced and agile engineer to join our team. Together with the digital team you will be responsible for running the global webshop, which is available in over 30 countries, building web applications and new digital products.
• Maintaining and extending several web applications, which include front end, back end and infrastructure
• Supporting further growth by working on performance and reliability of digital products
• You have a deep knowledge of Ruby On Rails
• Modern front end development tools such as SASS, grid frameworks or client-side app frameworks (React, Ember, Vue) are no news for you
• Automated testing is an important part of your workflow and the terms TDD, Rspec, Capybara are familiar to you
• Knowledge of API design and interaction is desirable as our complete business landscape is built on the cloud. ERP, CRM and the finance system are sitting on the force.com platform (Salesforce)
• Fluent English and/or German skills
Besides the love of sport, we hope you bring
• 5+ years of experience in a leading web agency, digital company or an "on the edge" brand
• An agile and lean mindset with a hands-on approach
• A self-driven, entrepreneurial spirit with the excellent ability of problem solving: you enjoy coming up with creative solutions in a fast paced environment
• You are up to date with the latest digital trends as you will be a core shaper of the digital brand perception
What we offer
Located 10 minutes from Zurich Hardbruecke station, we offer a sportive, challenging and supportive working environment that is counted amongst the top startups in Switzerland, that has an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields – so join us.
Born in Switzerland seven years ago, On has become the fastest growing global running brand with offices in Zurich (Switzerland), Portland (USA) and Yokohama (Japan). It has one simple mission: make running fun.
A team of sports scientists, world-class athletes and designers spearhead this mission, and has resulted in On shoes and Performance Running Gear winning design and technology distinctions the world over – including most recently the ISPO Product of Year Award (amongst others) for 2017/18. In On shoes, elite athletes have become World Champions, winning podiums, titles and Olympic medals. The shoes sport the patented CloudTec sole, giving runners a soft landing and powerful take-off in one. Recently, On has launched into the world of apparel – already being recognised for their innovation and bringing together design and technology to allow for effortless running. Six years after market launch, On is available from more than 2’200 specialist running stores in 50 countries across Europe, North America, South America and Asia-Pacific – and on the feet of over 2 million runners.