We’re looking for a full-time full stack developer to help build and maintain our social media management tool, Edgar. Edgar launched in mid-2014 and has thousands of happy, beautiful, paying customers that will use the features you build every day.
You’ll be working on projects across the app, from investigating and solving bug reports, implementing new UI, tracking *all the things* within the app, and being an all-around problem solver. You’ll also have opportunity to pair with senior developers on larger projects. It’s a great position for developers with some experience to build their skills to the next level.
You’ll be joining a small team of talented full-stack developers, and working alongside dedicated UX designers, QA and Customer Experience pros.
Our stack is Rails 4, Ruby 2.2, Heroku, Postgres, S3, Sidekiq, with Webpack, React and Redux on the front-end. It’s great stack to work with everyday, and we take our time to write solid code and proper tests to make sure it stays that way.
We do a fair amount of pair programming and a lot of code reviews, we love solid tests and continuous integration, and we deploy several times a week. Basically? We’re constantly improving our process so we can create an ideal developer environment – low overheads, high transparency. Estimates were inaccurate and irrelevant, so we dropped ‘em. Artificial deadlines weren’t doing it for us, so we switched from scrum to pure kanban and never looked back. When something isn’t working, we’re not afraid to throw it out and try something new – so if you have exciting ideas about the dev process and how to make your own job even better, you’ll fit right in. (We’re open-minded like that.)
You’ll have final responsibility for the solutions you build, from inception all the way through to deployment, so your teammates know exactly who to shower with praise when you ship to production.
– You have experience as part of a software team, contributing to building a production app
– You’ve got real professional history with Ruby and React – Rails, Redux, Webpack & ES6 are all big plusses
– Live anywhere in N. America (need to be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the USA)
– You know how to communicate effectively and work as part of a team with lots of different backgrounds and roles
– Passionate about improving the development process and recognize the value of an awesome company culture
– Not a jerk
We’re a small team of about 25 people, all working remotely across the US & Canada. We do a lot of collaborating and meme-swapping on Slack, along with virtual team meetings and super-futuristic video calls. We also do a twice-annual meetup week where we work together on cool projects all day and generally make fools of ourselves all night. We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable, which means we get to turn down VC money a lot and keep doing things the way we like. We’re pretty serious about building and maintaining an awesome, positive company culture, so, you know, no jerks.
We’ll probably get along if you’re someone who wants to be creative, have a pretty-serious-but-not-inhuman amount of responsibility, and work with people who make going to work not suck. (And be one of those people yourself. We like those people.)
We know we’re ridiculously lucky to have this crack squad of ambitious, kind, independent little nerds, and we want to keep that going by bringing in even more people who love geeking out about what they do and doing work they’ll be super proud of. (And on that note, we’re an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives.)
You can find out more at http://meetedgar.com/careers/ and by watching this video (we paid a lot for this thing):
Perks & Benefits
– Work from home (or wherever there’s strong wifi)
– 4 weeks paid vacation (Shazam! And yes, everyone actually uses all 4 weeks)
– Monthly cleaning service for your home – not that we don’t have total faith in you
– Paid home Internet service
– Coworking space/coffee shop working expenses
– Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your fam
– 401(k) plan with employer match
– Up to two months family leave for new parents (including adoption)
– An extra paid day off per quarter so you can volunteer in your community (awww)
– New Mac laptop (#blessed)
– Books, conferences, and other educational resources to help you be even more amazing at what you do!
– TSA pre-check to make getting to retreats and conferences a breeze
Check ‘em out in even more detail here (you know you’re curious):