[This is a full-time, fully-remote role - no agencies or recruiters please]
The role :
You will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. These projects will require close collaboration with our engineering team.
Projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound front end standards to engineers, designers, and management.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for doing things the right way. A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a major plus.
- Demonstrate that you’ve built outstanding websites from concept to launch.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- A sense of humour and/or an ability to convincingly simulate a sense of humour.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
What your day will look like:
- Brief catch up on your plans to sync up.
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Frontend Designer.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Familiarity with React and Redux.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with Chrome Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with the command line.
- To be geographically situated in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Team player with clear communication skills.
- To be comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
Optional, but a major plus:
- You speak great English, but it is not your native language.
- Proficiency with Ruby, Rails.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SCSS.
- Understanding of A/B testing.
- Mastery of recognising Arial versus Helvetica.
- Sufficiently appalled by the text line-height used in this job listing.
Working at Kyero
We are a completely remote team. That means we have a large amount of trust and a lot of flexibility. Travellers and explorers, young parents, nature lovers, and commute avoiders love working here. We are a collective of like minded people spread out through many countries, and our global perspective shapes our every move.
You will work together on a dedicated team with your eye on the finish line. Our teams are nimble and agile, and cover the technical range you would expect in world class product delivery teams.
We believe in learning and provide unique programs that improve your tech skills, leadership skills and even challenge you in personal development.
To apply: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Frontend Designer" and include all of the following : your CV, a few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero, your portfolio, pointing out examples of responsive designs that you've worked on.