The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is looking for a full-time front-end developer to join our team.
Are you excited about front-end web technologies and UI/UX? Are you looking for an opportunity to continue learning and be part of dynamic team? We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to be the next member of our growing team!
The work we do is varied and challenging, so you will need the tenacity to take on our increasing list of development projects that benefit students, faculty, and staff at UW-Madison and beyond. You’ll have an opportunity to learn while you work as part of a team to help customers to design, build, and deploy web content. Additional responsibilities will include working on front-end development tasks associated with application development projects.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced front-end developer who is eager to continue learning and growing their craft professionally. You’ll need exceptional communication and customer service skill since you’ll be working alongside clients, user experience designers, project managers, strategists and other developers to implement, test, and debug web projects.
We’re looking for someone who thinks through what they’re writing so that it’s testable, accessible, easy to read, and built to last. You’ll also have a keen eye for detail which is required to craft a design in code, as well as the rapport with audiences needed to create clear and correct user interfaces.
You’ll be an experienced front-end developer looking for a new challenge. Well-qualified candidates will have strong development and problem solving skills and an exceptional ability to communicate highly technical concepts to any audience. Our required characteristics include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with HTML and CSS
- Minimum 1 year experience working with server side technologies (e.g. Java, PHP, .Net)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Demonstrated desire to learn new things.
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation.
- Experience with digital design patterns (e.g., responsive, mobile first, material )
- Experience with modern build tools (e.g. Node, Gulp, Grunt, Bower)
- Experience with Sass or Less
- Experience with developing for publishing platforms ( e.g., Jekyll, Wordpress, Drupal)
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., git)
Bonus points for:
Still interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- Cover letter that explains why you want to work with us and how you’d be a great fit
- Your resume that outlines your experience and skills
- If available, links to where we can see your work in action
Apply online at http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/496068/frontend-web-developer.
Deadline to apply: September 26, 2017.