Brushfire is looking for a Front End Web Developer who is
- driven to create captivating and interactive web experiences,
- skilled in layout and has an eye for attention to detail,
- familiar with web application development patterns and practices,
- experienced in building published, high quality web sites and applications,
- stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design and ship new features.
Ultimately, we want someone who cares about making great, high-performance software and who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love. If that sounds like you, hit us up.
We value your time and efforts, so salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. We build a work environment for our staff where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative, and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful outcomes.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers.
- Participate on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Provide quality control over in both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Grow to eventually lead sessions in your areas of strength while supervising and inspiring those involved in your process.
What you really need to have:
- One or more years of experience with mobile responsive design using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap, jQuery, etc.
- Familiarity with consuming HTTP Web API's.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as git/svn/etc (Git/Github preferred).
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, and energy
What we think would be cool, but aren't deal breakers:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with graphics design programs (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience with wireframing/mockup tools (XD/Sketch)
- Experience with native mobile development.
- Experience with back-end, server-side MVC architecture.
- Familiarity with relational database (SQL) design and/or non-structured persistent data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.
We are Brushfire Technology and we are here to provide churches, ministries, and not-for-profit organizations with world-class event management tools, service, and support. We specialize in events of varying complexity including customizable registration forms as well as general admission and assigned seat ticketed events and compete directly against the largest event management companies in the world. We now have over twenty team members across four states and thrive in a distributed work environment with no physical central office. Qualified applicants should check us out at brushfire.com.