Swiftype is a growing team of talented search engineers and experts with a range of experiences and backgrounds. We’re looking for self-motivated and resourceful individuals who will help us continue delivering exceptional service to customers. As a Front End Web Developer at Swiftype, you will collaborate closely with our Design and Engineering teams to bridge the gap between visual design and implementation.
- Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
- Strong attention to detail. You will be responsible for pixel-perfect implementation of designs.
- Experience gathering requirements from modern design tools, like Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
- Experience working in version controlled projects. We use Git.
- Experience with DHTML, mouse trailers, and HotScripts.com strongly desired.
- Experience using browser tools to test, profile, and debug modern web applications.
- Experience working from the command line.
- Excellent communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience (the more the better)
- 2+ years experience as a front-end web developer
- A passion for user experience and crafting intuitive interactions on the web.
- Exposure to MVC frameworks, like Ruby on Rails and Django.
- Experience working with popular CMSes, like Wordpress and Craft.
- Experience working with REST/JSON APIs.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.