Front-end Product Engineerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 4 أسابيع
Storybird is the world’s largest story platform for young writers and readers. Seven million members have created 25 million stories using our unique tools, and 600,000 educators around the world have brought us into classrooms to inspire the next generation of storytellers.
We’re currently looking for an intermediate to senior engineer who can lead front-end development on new products while tightening existing frameworks. Someone who cares about—and can contribute to—concise code, smart product design, and a collaborative, inclusive work atmosphere.
This is a big role on a small team. You'll own the front-end architecture and have an outsized contribution to not just the codebase, but how millions of people use our platform.
This is a full-time position on a distributed team open to candidates between EST and PST timezones (aka North/South America). Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Write and maintain idiomatic, elegant code
- Obsessively improve software performance
- Work collaboratively with the design and product team
- Judiciously deploy gifs to ensure everyone stays on point
- 3+ years w/HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, compatibility, and accessibility
- An efficient workflow and toolkit, including client-side frameworks, pre-processors, test frameworks, build tools, client-side templates, and design apps
- Knowledge of Python and Django
- Server side template engines
- Experience w/AWS components
- Experience w/kids, publishing, game design, or teaching
- A beautiful product that people adore and has a big impact on young lives
- A seasoned team with a tight focus and low threshold for drama
- A supportive, inclusive environment that views diverse thoughts and backgrounds as a strength
- Competitive salary and perks
- Seriously good chocolate
While we’ve used lots of bullet points and jargon to clarify the skills we’re looking for, what excites us most are people with passion for their craft (often expressed through side projects), curiosity about the world around them (that may have led you to travel, teach, or write about your journey), and strong opinions weakly held (which is tricky to manage but vital for fast-moving teams).
We’d love to hear if any of this intrigues you. Include in your application thoughts on why this might be a good fit and some of the things you’d like to accomplish in the next few years.
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|