Front-End Developer (React, Backbone & Fully Remote)
#React #Backbone #Bootstrap
So far, we’ve built a helpful software product that is used by some of the most advanced Social Media Teams in Germany and Europe. Germany and even further afield in Europe. Now we want to move forward and expand our dev team, making our software more scalable and to enrich it with lots of great new features that will help our customers. If you are looking for a job in a fast growing SaaS startup and you love to build software that’s easy to use, this could be it.
We’re an internet startup located in Ingolstadt, Germany. Our team of 20 has engineered a product (SocialHub) that companies like the Deutsche Bahn, Rossmann or Media-Saturn use to manage their Facebook and Twitter profiles. Now we’re expanding our team and are looking for people that help us pushing our software to the next level. Read more what our clients are saying.
Remote Work Is Possible
Working together face-to-face is great, but we discovered that the best way to attract great people to our team is to offer everybody the freedom to work from wherever they want. That's why we hire both onsite in our office in Ingolstadt and remotely.
If you're somewhere around Europe and are able to work within our core hours (10am to 4pm Europe/Berlin) remote work is not a problem!
Field of work
You will be working on our core product, SocialHub. Where we are currently migrating our front-end web application to React.
Does this sound like you?
- It's your mission to build clean and well structured web applications that people love to use.
- You’ve been making your way through the exciting world of front-end development for at least 3 years.
- You can hit the ground running with a comprehensive understanding of the React + Redux ecosystem.
- Your Backbone skills are strong and you know how to make Marionette dance.
- You have decent exposure to other frameworks, but you are not reliant on them.
- You know how to spot performance issues and how to resolve them.
- You are not afraid to dive into some old school legacy code, that we still have kicking around.
- You're a natural using a DVCS like git.
- You're passionate about OSS. It's all about giving something back to the community.
- You like picking up new skills and sharing what you have learned with the rest of the team.
- You are excited about an opportunity to work with the latest technologies.
Experience you should have
- React, Redux and Backbone experience is compulsory.
- Practical experience in building large single page web applications.
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years on the front-end. At least 1 year in React.
- BONUS POINTS: A GitHub account to show us some of your work.
Things that you find interesting
- Front-end build tools (e.g Webpack, Browserify and Gulp).
- Mobile development (React-Native).
- Responsive design.
- Agile – Scrum.
What we have to offer
- A really nice team in a relaxed, productive working atmosphere.
- The option to working partly or completely from home (Remote).
- Regular outlandish team events.
- Slack channels that will make you smile :-)
One thing is very important to us is that our dev team has fun at work and that they let future clients feel that. In return, our team is completely free and can choose where and when they work (one day in the office, the next from a home office or even completely remote). We only employ full time staff in the dev team.
What does our hiring process look like?
- If your application seems like an ideal match, we will schedule a quick interview with you (about 30 minutes).
- To test your skills we will ask you to complete a small practical test, taking approximately between 4 to 8 hours. This helps us obtain a level of insight into your development approach that we simply can’t get from an interview alone.
- If the practical went well, we will then schedule a “Meet The Team” call. This gives you the opportunity to meet the whole dev team and ask questions to get a feel for how we work. Our CEO will be also be present, so you can get to know everybody.
- If we feel that you are a good fit, we will offer you a position.
If this sounds like a dream job to you, then send us over your application. Applications can be as short as you like. They don’t have to be formal. We would like to know what you have done so far, what drives you and some links to projects you’ve done (e.g. a link to your github profile or something similar).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your SocialHub Team