GatherContent is a SaaS platform which helps teams organise and produce lots of content for websites. The platform enhances content development workflow, saving our customers time and money.
GatherContent was born from first-hand experience of the stress associated with wrangling content for websites. Our founders ran a digital agency working on chaotic and content-heavy projects. They quickly realised they were not alone in their frustrations with content not being given the respect it deserves.
Since GatherContent launched in 2012 we've helped tens of thousands of teams, across 135 countries, avoid hours of pain. We continually strive for a better way to organise, structure, produce, manage and migrate content for web projects - fighting the good fight against bad content.
GatherContent is fully remote, with team members working across the UK.
We're looking for an experienced, UK-based Front-end Developer who wants to be part of a remote-working, fast growing startup (we’ve been around for a few of years). You will be working as part of our Agile, 8 person team to help deliver iterations to our product.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: dependent on what you can bring to the table
- Based anywhere in UK. Remote or on-site (we have an office in London and offer budget for co-working spaces or to support your home office)
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we will need you to travel to London during the interview process, and attend a team day (usually in London) every four months.
What we need
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as well as individually.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You’re also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast.
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?”
- Leave your ego at the door. We make decisions based on what’s right for the company, no exceptions. If you can’t work this way, please don’t apply.
- Integrity- you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback- you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement- you’re always looking for ways to better yourself and company processes
- Wellness- you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
The skills we're looking for are
- Package management
- Webpack, React & Redux
- Test Driven Development
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills
Bonus points for experience with
- Working remotely
- Working in a startup environment
- Agile Development Principles
- Pair programming
What we can offer you
- Remote working: work from anywhere within the UK (so long as there’s WIFI!)
- Family friendly: family always comes first, supported by our flexible outlook
- Work/life balance: we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime and a healthy lifestyle. It’s about quality over quantity (one of our values is wellness!)
- 32 days annual leave
- The chance to make a real impact on our business: We’re a small team of 18 so there’s a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun times: We get together at the London office every four months for a team day. Past activities have varied from anything like volunteering on a city farm to doing a 3D printing workshop or just making lots of chocolate truffles :)
- Competitive salary, stock options, pension and other benefits such as remote working budget.