We have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic’s products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Kibana is the Window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets users visualize their Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so they can do anything from learning why they’re getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on their quarterly numbers. Kibana gives users the freedom to select the way they give shape to their data. And they don’t always have to know what they’re looking for. With its interactive visualizations, users start with one question and see where it leads them. Kibana core ships with the classics: histograms, line graphs, pie charts, sunbursts, and more. They demonstrate the full aggregation capabilities of Elasticsearch.
Are you a top Front-end Designer who want to add to Kibana? We want to meet you.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Build and maintain a living UI framework / style-guide that is constantly evolving.
- Work as a bridge between the design and engineering teams, coding pixel perfect view-level components for use in Elastic products.
- Build tooling to help scale design in a repeatable fashion.
- Provide design recommendations and support through code review in a large open-source team.
What You’ve Done:
- 5+ years of experience working on complicated web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with scalable design systems, specifically with scaling CSS and component design.
- Experience with Sketch.
- Experience with React or similar UI libraries.
- Experience with Node, Webpack, Grunt or Gulp for building tools that improve the developer experience.
- A keen understanding of design reusability and proper variable scoping and color management.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to raise the bar on design quality.
- Strong preference for open-source experience.
- A design background and the ability to start on designs yourself.
- Some understanding of Dev ops, business analytics or security mindsets and needs.
- A love for animation.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.