FOLIO Senior Developerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر
OLE (the Open Library Environment) has partnered with EBSCO and Index Data to build and implement FOLIO (http://folio.org), a new open source library services platform. On behalf of OLE, the Duke University Libraries are seeking senior-level developers to work with the Index Data development team to build out the FOLIO platform, as well as, develop functional library service “apps” to contribute to the FOLIO library management system. These are 2 Year Term Appointments – 4 Positions
The opportunities for the FOLIO Senior Developer are:
- Professional growth: To create a truly innovative FOLIO system this team will be using a spectrum of technologies. The senior developers will be expected to have base skills (see below) but will also have plenty of opportunities to learn in a hands-on environment!
- Flexible location and hours: This position will be based at Duke University. However, the Index Data and OLE teams will be distributed internationally so there is opportunity for flexible scheduling. Telecommuting opportunities are available for residents of: California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New York, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
- Collaboration and innovation: You will be part of a team. The FOLIO team members may be distributed, we work CLOSELY across time zones, institutional boundaries, and disciplines. This means developers and functional experts collaborating. We need YOUR input!
- Working with the best: This project requires senior developers and they’ll be coming from all over the world. This will create a stimulating environment and a highly desired end product!
Responsibilities As a Senior Developer reporting jointly to the OLE Project Manager (PM) and the AUL for Information Technology Services for the Duke University Libraries, she/he will:
- Focus on developing innovative approaches to library management software in the FOLIO environment, and contributing to the FOLIO technical framework to encourage contribution and adoption of FOLIO and the FOLIO platform by the Library Community.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and innovation in the development of stable, maintainable, and efficient software solutions.
- Provide leadership in design, development, and implementation of new software solutions. Provide highly specialized expert technical knowledge of all issues pursuant to the development of the next phase of OLE.
- Take responsibility for designing programmatic solutions and work with other developers on the team to resolve technical issues.
- Work as part of a team to organize and own initiatives to analyze functional business processes, determine system specifications, design solutions, write software, and implement critical system applications while maintaining standards and good quality.
- Participate in tactical and strategic planning sessions in an open forum environment, with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and with the Product Owners (PO). Collaborate with PO, SME teams, UX Designers, and other team members to understand goals, processes, and standards.
- Own areas of project plans and roadmaps ensuring implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support. Provide training and support to staff, serves as a resource for problem analysis and resolution.
- Develop proofs-of-concept for data migrations from the current OLE data structures into the newly designed data-centric infrastructure of FOLIO.
- Work independently as a senior member of the OLE project team and maintain excellent relationships with members of the OLE community as well as collaborating partners in FOLIO, through careful consideration and thorough communications on analysis and programming assignments.
- Ensure established standards are followed and that the latest versions of the software infrastructure are being used, as well as ensuring the applications take advantage of emerging functionality that increases technical productivity or provides value added new services.
Qualifications It is the expectation that all Duke University Libraries staff members will demonstrate exceptional workplace behaviors in the execution of their specific position responsibilities. These behaviors are customer focus, collaboration, creative problem solving, continuous learning and a commitment to diversity. In addition, managers and supervisors are expected to help develop a common vision by providing clear direction and priorities, clarifying roles and responsibilities, and promoting mutual understanding through effective communication. They are also expected to take the time to effectively plan and evaluate performance, provide feedback, recognition and coaching, and develop employees to achieve their personal and organizational goals.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Systems, or related discipline.
Experience: Required: Three to five years minimum of professional experience working as a software engineer or developer using the standard development tools and frameworks. Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
Qualified applicants must be able to communicate effectively and provide strong leadership in a team of highly skilled software engineers and designers. Must be able to bring a strong service-oriented and collaborative approach to designing and developing robust and reliable software. Ability to build good working relationships and establish trust with a diverse group of academic and administrative university colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability working with enterprise-scale software development. Expert knowledge of standard development tools and frameworks. Understanding of common design patterns, service-oriented architecture, and test-driven development.
- Demonstrable skill in analyzing complex problems and producing concrete, actionable solutions, specifically as it pertains to production troubleshooting. Experience resolving highly complex integration issues involving multiple technologies and business areas.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Customer service attitude and willingness to work as part of a team in a dynamic and complex environment is required. Ability to work with a variety of people with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to assume project leadership for OLE and work at the highest level of technical complexity. High levels of accuracy, problem-solving, dependability, and responsibility are essential.
- Work independently with little guidance, seeking functional, technical, and managerial input when needed.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience in some of these or comparable core technologies and skills:
- RESTful web services (JAX-RS or Spring Rest);
- Message queues;
- HTTP/REST and related network protocols;
- JSON/XML and related technologies;
- Test Driven Development;
- Use of design patterns in development;
- Modern build and test tools for web application development;
- Amazon AWS or similar cloud hosting environment
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work in an environment in which exposure to materials containing dust and mold is possible
- Normal office environment
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
- Occasional travel required
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Salary and Benefits Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes 15 days vacation, 13 holidays, 12 days sick leave; health, dental, disability and life insurance and support for professional development and training.
Environment Since its founding in 1924, Duke University has grown into one of the most prestigious private universities in the world and its medical center ranks annually among the top in the nation. The Duke University Libraries are the shared center of the university's intellectual life, connecting people and ideas. The Libraries consist of the Perkins Library, Bostock Library, Rubenstein Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Lilly Library, and Music Library, and the library at the Duke Marine Laboratory in Beaufort. Duke's library holdings of 6.2 million volumes are among the largest of private universities in the United States.
Duke's hometown is Durham, North Carolina, a city with vibrant research, medical and arts communities, and numerous shops, restaurants and theaters. Durham is located in the Research Triangle, a growing metropolitan area of more than one million people that provides a wide range of cultural, recreational and educational opportunities. The Triangle is conveniently located just a few hours from the mountains and the coast, offers a moderate climate, and has been ranked among the best places to live and to do business.
Duke offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes both traditional benefits such as health insurance, leave time and retirement, as well as wide ranging work/life and cultural benefits. Details can be found at: http://www.hr.duke.edu/benefits/index.php.
Application An electronic resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references should be submitted at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply - refer to Requisition # 401297169. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications which are missing any of the components listed above will not be reviewed.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The Duke University Libraries have a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|