FAWS is hiring in San Antonio, Austin, or Remote. Windows DevOps opportunities. Apply today!
Do you like to automate even the most simple tasks to avoid manual work? Do single points of failure and non-redundant systems give you nightmares? Are you most comfortable on the cutting edge of technology? If this describes you and you’re ready to attack some of the most complex problems in the industry, then it’s time for you to take on the challenge of being a DevOps Engineer for Fanatical Support for AWS at Rackspace.
With over 200,000 customers hosting their environments from ten data centers across the globe, the opportunities to solve the complex problems they present or to build the infrastructure they rely upon is endless—you choose which path you want to take.
Customer Focused: Launched in October 2015, Fanatical Support for AWS is the next generation of Fanatical Support. With over 200+ AWS Certified Architects, we throw years of talent and knowledge at our customer’s issues to create winning solutions. From architecting customer infrastructure to deploying it programmatically and supporting it long term, our DevOps Engineers get to create one-of-a-kind, cutting edge cloud solutions for our customers.
Automation: Powershell DSC, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Formation and whatever comes next. These are the toys of the trade, and our DevOps Engineers always share their toys with our Software Developers, Infrastructure Engineers and Quality Engineers. This is a team sport, kids. Silo workers need not apply.
Ready to launch your career into the clouds? (You see what we did there?) Hit the apply button already, talk with one of our talent specialists and start building a better future for you!
In this role you will:
- Work with an awesomely talented team
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms
- Automate infrastructure and application deployment for Rackspace customers on AWS and Rackspace infrastructure
- Architect and Develop full stack solutions, from whiteboard to green SLA’s
- Develop tools and processes to improve customer and Racker lives
- Educate customers and Rackers on best practices in terms of redundant architecture and application deployment workflows
- Work with the open source community to help deliver features and fixes for our most commonly used tools
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Certification (must be obtained within 90 days of hire date)
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef (directly or via AWS OpsWorks), Puppet, Ansible, Powershell DSC, AWS Cloud Formation or Salt
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Powershell, .NET, Node.js, Python, PHP, and Java
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment
- Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications
- Ninja level Windows skills, primarily with 2012 and 2012R2
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web server, database, caching, and database services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- DevOps Engineer I: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 1 - 2 years of experience
- DevOps Engineer II: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 3 - 4 years of experience
- DevOps Engineer III: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 5 - 6 years of experience
At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Powershell, .NET, Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Relevant technical certifications around Windows, MSSQL, AWS, etc
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, DevOps Administrator, or SysOps Administrator? You should definitely apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field. At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement
The Managed Cloud
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.