More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the Support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for an Enterprise Support Manager, in Asia Pacific, who will be responsible for the oversight and performance of a distributed staff answering customer support requests, triaging issues, and providing solutions. Candidates must currently be located in Australia, Japan, or New Zealand and possess legal working authorization.
The position reports to the Director of Enterprise Support and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers, customers, and interview candidates.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Maintain cross-team communication between Support, Engineering, and Sales
- Work with the Enterprise Support Director on the development and execution of team strategy
- Work with Enterprise Support managers/teams to foster cross-team collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of new processes to improve customer support
- Promote and build upon the unique collaborative culture of Enterprise Support
- Handle and follow-up on customer escalations
- Collect and analyze support metrics to drive improvements
- Legal working authorization in Australia
- Currently residing in the Australia
- Experience leading a globally distributed team
- Experience in technical support
- Experience with personnel hiring
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with and troubleshooting Linux servers
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Strong empathy for GitHub users and GitHub Support
- Scaled a quickly growing support team
- Experience working and managing remotely
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together. Empathy: We believe in putting people first. Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence. Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work. Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!