More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. This person will join GitHub as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world. We're looking for Enterprise Support Agents in North America (US and Canada) who will answer incoming phone calls, triage issues, and help provide solutions.
The position reports to an Enterprise Support Manager and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events.
- Take in-bound phone support requests
- Triage incoming support tickets
- Work collaboratively with other support teams
- Manage communication around customer tickets
- Troubleshoot and help solve highly complex support tickets
- Escalate issues to other support engineers and managers as applicable
- Work with our Engineering team to prioritize issues and development
- Work with our Documentation team to improve customer-facing resources
- Current legal and working authorization in New Zealand
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- General understanding of how modern web applications work
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Ability to clearly write and orally communicate technical information
- Ability to review and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Must have a workspace conducive to answering phone calls
- Prior experience providing technical support
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong empathy for GitHub users and GitHub Support
- Stellar English and grammar skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Technical experience (QA, documentation, systems administration, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together. Empathy: We believe in putting people first. Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence. Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work. Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!