Engineering Manager - Ecosystem Open Source (f/m)نشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ شهر
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Contentful, engineering is responsible for developing, running and maintaining the software that builds our highly available and scalable platform. Our engineering team grew to more than 30 people in 2016. We are now looking for an experienced engineering manager to work with our CTO on leading this fast-growing team.
As an Engineering Manager (f/m) at Contentful, you are responsible for building and maintaining a healthy team, driving improvement of our development processes, and ensuring consistent delivery of high-quality software that adds value for our customers.
You’ll collaborate regularly with engineers to gather feedback on topics ranging from project progress, technology choices, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general happiness.
You’re already an engineering manager or you’re a development team lead ready to make the jump into management. You enjoy the idea of working in a developer-centric company where engineering is central and not only a support function. Catch this opportunity of taking care of the team who builds the material publicly available at https://github.com/contentful
- You have either already managed a team involved in developing Open Source SDK and libraries or you’ve been involved in similar projects as a developer previously during your career
- You have experience working in an environment revolving around a publicly available API
- You know how to recruit and hire engineering talent and facilitate onboarding of new team members
- You have an extensive experience in managing or leading technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Experience troubleshooting the software delivery process and continuously streamlining it
- You’re used to working with engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment
- In-depth, proven engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- You are used to collaborating with other functions of the company like product, support and marketing
- You are a strong communicator and you’re great in teasing out complex, conflictual situations to bring clarity when confusion and ambiguity creep in
- Take part in a fast-paced environment in a company that’s growing quickly. Garner responsibility and make a significant impact, instead of being just another cog in a machine
- Join a rapidly growing developer-centric company with lots of amazing international customers. We count people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions) as our advisors
- We have plenty of interesting engineering challenges, ranging from scale factors, global cache invalidation to multi-tenant “bring your own schema” data. Use a diverse set of modern technologies, stay updated on best practices and help to create an effective and pragmatic organization
- Be part of a team of experts in a company where technology matters and is key
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with; from hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|العنوان||الولايات المتحدة, California, California City|
0 تقدم للوظيفة