We are looking for an engineer to join our "API + Services" team, to help us refine our customer-facing APIs, Dashboard, and supporting services, while ensuring they remain stable, secure, and developer-friendly.
- Design, build, and maintain public APIs, used by Auth0 customers, as well as internal services and systems
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of our stack
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to build new features at large-scale
- Refine engineering practices, standards, and tooling
You might be a good fit if you
- Have a history of developing and supporting intuitive and robust APIs
- Are familiar with the challenges and approaches for crafting interconnected, scalable systems
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental work
- Thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use such as NodeJS, React, ElasticSearch, and MongoDB. However, we always try to use the best tool for the job, therefore we care more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or tool.
- Have experience working in a remote-first organization
- Place a high value on security
It’s not expected that you have expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than a rigid skillset.
You might work on
- Building a new API endpoint for our users, or iterating on existing endpoints
- Assisting our support and teams to help our customers make the best use of our APIs
- Adding metrics to measure usage of a feature, and using the results to inform suggestions for improvements
- Refactoring existing code to accommodate new features or standards
- Tuning our ElasticSearch cluster to support arbitrary metadata searches
- Growing visibility into our background job processing system, and improving its resistance to failures
Auth0 provides the simplest and most secure identity platform for developers to make the internet safer. We believe in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of projects and hyper-fast iterations. The company continues to grow rapidly and services major startups and enterprise customers. We are processing hundreds of millions of logins for thousands of customers from startups to big organizations.
You can learn about our hiring process here.