Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
Thought Catalog is seeking an experienced backend Engineer to join a team of driven and creative individuals. In this position, you will:
- Work on relevant projects with broad consumer reach to millions of users;
- Be a polyglot and leverage your multidisciplined skills;
- Be involved in user-centered product development;
- Work on products you would use yourself; and
- Gain education and experience to advance your career.
We want someone who:
- Has significant experience with node.js, PHP Laravel, React, Mongo, MySQL, and has production dev-ops experience (such as AWS, EC2);
- Has worked with or is passionate about NLP, machine-learning, or other recent technology advances in AI;
- Believes code should solve problems, not introduce them;
- Thinks about consumers first and code second;
- Believes design is more than just great user experience;
- Is a driven self-starter, and believes team communication, process, and organization creates results; and
- Appreciates the power of agile, pull requests and clean git branches.
About Thought Catalog:
Thought Catalog is one of the largest millennial culture sites in the world, with over 30 million monthly readers. Thought Catalog is independently owned by The Thought & Expression Company, is based in Brooklyn, NY, and operates numerous affiliate sites including Quote Catalog, Shop Catalog, and Collective World. Our corporate website is https://thought.is.
To apply: Your experience is important! Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include links to products you’ve built or to which you’ve heavily contributed. Include a fun hashtag of your choice as part of your email subject.