Endpoint Engineering - Systems Administratorنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ شهرين 2017-09-13 12:22:30
Endpoint Engineering - Systems Administrator
University of San Francisco
This position will perform system administration services to assist the Endpoint [Desktop] Engineering team in building and maintaining the University desktop infrastructure for enterprise client computing. This will encompass supporting Microsoft infrastructure technologies as it relates to client computing including Apple/Linux/Windows Servers, network settings, Active Directory, and Group Policy Objects (GPOs). This position will contribute to the next generation of client computing through innovative solutions and realize an end-to-end system infrastructure from server to desktop for robust service delivery.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, faculty, and students..
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of assigned projects. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Apple MacOS/iOS and Windows systems that support Endpoint infrastructure; Apple, Windows and Application systems. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
ADMINISTRATION AND HOSTING :
1. Provide system administration to host servers for desktop management tools, such as LANDesk.
2. Provide system administration for infrastructure software, such as SPSS , Microsoft Office, Antivirus, Encryption, etc.
3. Provide Active Directory system administration for workstation domain, incl. computer objects, group policy objects, etc., and coordinate with Active Directory Administrator.
4. Build and maintain the virtual desktop infrastructure using current technologies. Perform VDI administration as needed.
5. Propose, setup and implement high availability solution for desktop infrastructure, and other systems as needed.
6. Setup and integrate appropriate backup strategy for desktops such as Mozy.
7. Setup and maintain new systems and upgrades to existing ones, including Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and/or Apple Servers.
8. Install and deploy infrastructure software, such as Apple MDM , VDI , Sophos Endpoint Protection, Symantec Ghost, Apple DeployStudio, Microsoft products, etc.
9. Maintain and monitor system-level security and vulnerabilities, such as those identified through Qualys.
10. Manage, test, and release/deploy desktop patching and hot fixes through Software Update Servers.
11. Plan and carry out quality assurance testing for production servers.
12. Diagnose and resolve system issues, such as hardware or VM and OS.
13. Act as escalated system-level technical support.
ENGINEERING AND PROVISIONING :
1. Provides application systems administration for desktop management systems
2. Automate deployment of configuration standards using system policies and/or scripts
3. Automating repetitive desktop administration tasks through scripting
4. Repackaging software installation files for mass deployment
5. Provides patch management for desktops, and related desktop management systems
6. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
7. Install new / rebuild 10 servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
8. Install and configure systems such as supports Endpoint infrastructure applications.
9. Create and maintain master computer images used by the Replacement Program for hardware deployed to the USF community.
10. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
11. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
12. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
OPERATIONS AND SUPPORT :
1. Execute tasks and duties that align with project goals and timelines
2. Create and implement preventive maintenance procedures
3. Update and maintain documentation for standard operating procedures
4. Participate in planning new projects and enhancements relating to virtualization and Microsoft infrastructure
5. Research and develop solutions to problems and to drive innovation
6. Tactical troubleshooting of performance issues related to desktop system infrastructure
7. Perform regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
8. Perform regular security monitoring.
9. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
10. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
11. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
12. Provide Tier III /other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
13. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate according to established procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned.
TIER III ESCALATION ENDPOINT SUPPORT :
1. Provides escalated endpoint technical support which includes troubleshooting, diagnosis and closure of advanced issues with software, hardware, and network connectivity in a fast-paced environment.
2. Progressive collaboration with all USF technology services and/or 3rd Party Vendors to ensure resolution of escalated issues.
3. Strong technical case management skills which includes documentation, status updates and providing outstanding customer service.
RESEARCH , DEVELOPMENT , AND TESTING :
1. Contributes to research of new systems, software, security, best practices and technology developments relevant to USF’s mission and goals.
2. Contributes to the development, testing, change control, documentation and maintenance of University standard desktop image builds.
3. Contributes to development of hardware, software, and procedural documentation that includes installation, troubleshooting, training, and general support.
4. Collaborates with other ITS business units in providing guidance to the University community on departmental planning related to technology needs and objectives.
5. Develop test plans and lead Quality Assurance (QA) projects for new software, product updates and application services.
6. Maintenance and reconfiguration of Test Lab facility.
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT :
1. Initiates and leads technical projects in collaboration with the Manager of Desktop Engineering and other USF departments.
2. Provides leadership over project team resources.
1. Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Five years or more of related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Apple, Unix, and/or Microsoft.
3. Two to four years system administration experience. At least five years of experience in desktop operations, support and administration in a medium-to-large scale environment (1000+ desktop systems).
4. At least 5 years experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh computer hardware, software, and operating systems. Advanced knowledge of Windows 7/10, and/or Advanced knowledge of Apple MacOS required; familiarity with Unix is a plus.
5. Experience with researching and implementing technical standards, software testing and deployment, and image creation and maintenance.
6. Familiarity with online and other resources for software and hardware research and troubleshooting. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
7. Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols (esp. TCP /IP)
8. Active Directory Computer Object, Organization Unit administration, and Group Policy
9. Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language (Perl, VBS , Batch Programming)
10. Experience with software deployment and application repackaging
11. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
12. Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
13. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
14. Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
15. Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
16. Ability to team lift moderately heavy equipment (e.g. Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Monitors, Printers, Peripherals, etc.)
17. Demonstrated ability to be a productive team member.
18. Experience providing operational support for mission-critical or high volume systems.
19. Current knowledge of virtualization/Microsoft infrastructure technologies and awareness of industry trends.
20. Knowledge with Intel-based hardware, storage, and network devices.
21. Experience with Windows Server 2008+ and VMware ESX system administration.
22. Experience with desktop system infrastructure (client-server model, cloud computing, etc.)
23. Experience with Active Directory infrastructure, GPOs and GPPs.
24. Experience in software setup, incl. Citrix, VMware (incl. vSphere), Microsoft Office products, etc.
25. Working knowledge of Windows and TCP /IP networking, incl. DHCP , DNS , WINS , routing, firewalls.
26. Knowledge of virtual desktop infrastructure design and buildout.
27. Familiarity in Windows PowerShell programming and Bash syntax.
28. Robust problem solving skills and research skills to formulate solutions as needed.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1081710
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|