CodeCombat is building a new way for kids to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students go from simple function calls, to implementing complex game strategies, all the way to building their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide!
Programming is magic. It’s the ability to create things from pure imagination. We started CodeCombat to give learners the feeling of wizardly power at their fingertips by using typed code.
As it turns out, that enables them to learn faster too. WAY faster. It’s like having a conversation instead of reading a manual. We want to bring that conversation to every school and to every student, because everyone should have the chance to learn the magic of programming.
Provide educational expertise. Apply the latest pedagogy to our educational game. Collaborate with the rest of the team to deliver amazing new learning and gaming experiences to our students!
- Provide educational insight to the product team
- Give product design feedback from educational perspective
- Design and create curriculum and teaching materials around core game.
- 2+ years of in-classroom experience with middle or high schoolers
- Strong communication skills, a can-do attitude, and user empathy
- Experience writing new curriculum to satisfy a given standard (e.g. an AP class)
- Fluent in latest teaching methodologies
- Experience with Hour of Code or similar coding initiatives
- Background in Computer Science
- Familiarity with CS curriculum standards (e.g. AP CSP, CSTA)
- Enjoys playing games
CodeCombat is based in San Francisco but this position can be remote.