Upwork (www.upwork.com) is currently looking for a Mediation Specialist to join the Marketplace Experience team. As a Mediation Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining the quality and efficiency of an Upwork client and freelancer relationship if a dispute is filed. We look for great people who are driven to achieve extraordinary results and want to make a positive difference through their work.
- Facilitate dispute resolution through support tickets and an online dispute resolution platform as needed with the client and freelancer to affect a resolution.
- Track and manage ongoing mediation cases within an established timeline.
- Respond to customer inquiries via Zendesk in an efficient and effective manner.
- Investigate complex issues and make decisions about how to resolve them.
- Identify problem users for review in order to maintain the user community and the Upwork brand.
- Provide feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates; including policies, upgrades and customer issues.
- Has excellent command of the English language (specifically written, with emphasis on grammar and spelling).
- Experience working with volatile users and staying calm under pressure.
- Have a reliable Internet connection and utilities as the individual will be a key member of our team. Stable Internet connectivity is critical to success in the role.
- Laptop with a min of 8GB of RAM or any PC with a modern CPU, antivirus software, and must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
- Mac OS x10.8 and later
- Linux Intel (x64)
- Have the ability to use Skype and Google Hangouts as needed with other Upwork team members.
- Be comfortable with flexible duties as assigned to support the Marketplace Experience team.
- Previous Upwork (formerly oDesk) experience and customer service experience a plus.
- Conflict resolution or mediation experience a plus.
- 4 or more years of experience in a customer service role in an online environment.
- Proficient with Google Docs and Google Mail.
- Previous experience with Zendesk preferred.