At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From analyzing stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to drive the success of the Elastic Cloud platform, Elastic’s own cloud offering. Elastic Cloud is the fastest growing product of Elastic and we need your help in making it even better and bringing it to its fullest potential. If you live and breathe SaaS, analytics and cloud and have experience with developer-targeted SaaS platforms, this job is for you!
- Define KPIs to collect and analyze, work with the engineering to implement their collection and propagation to relevant teams and systems within Elastic.
- Continuously monitor and track these KPIs. Work with the marketing and demand generation teams to analyze KPIs to grow the platform, increase conversion and optimize user workflows.
- Drive initiatives focusing on growth, usage, and revenue – working with multiple stakeholders.
- Identify trends, alert on potential issues and make recommendations on how the platform can be improved, including (but not limited to) UX, pricing, packaging and product offerings.
- Own A/B testing and experimentation: identify areas for improvements, define methodology and technical requirements and drive experiments to optimize the platform.
- Leverage data collected via KPIs and experiments to influence product roadmap, feature releases and business strategy
- Work with the marketing and product marketing teams on messaging, positioning and launch activities.
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management at a SaaS software company
- Deep understanding of the SaaS and IaaS domains, and experience in managing and selling developer-targeted SaaS products.
- Good familiarity of the Elastic Stack, the product domain and the typical usage patterns.
- Ability to understand customer needs, create customer value and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing.
- Experience creating high quality sales and customer-facing content including presentations and web copy as well as guiding the product marketing team to create content.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with user tracking and web marketing tools (Mixpanel, VWO, Intercom, GA, Heatmaps)
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Experience with search, logging, and analytics products in the big data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark etc)
- Experience working in a distributed organization
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.