At InVision our passion is creating the world’s leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide three million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, user-test, and ship product designs for web and mobile platforms. InVision drives the product design process at 80% of Fortune 100 companies. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others. InVision is a distributed team with over 350 employees around the world.
YOU have incredible depth and breadth as a general HR professional combined with a significant track-record specific to people development, organizational development, and learning. You’ve been in the trenches of growing organizations helping everyone from line employees to executives work better, talk better with (not just to) each other, and perform together. You have a highly developed cultural intuition and can read a room expertly. You have crafted and led a variety of high-impact people development programs. You are an exceptional coach and interpersonal facilitator. You have equal parts heart and backbone and are adept at challenging anyone (including those in power) without creating unhealthy friction.
Under your leadership and with your own handicraft, you will help InVision continue to be a best place to work, a truly humanistic workplace, and a career experience people talk about as they best job they ever had — in no small part because it is the place where they feel they learned and grew the most.
Come join a fabulous team as we reimagine the ideal work environment at a growing, dynamic company.
- Jump into a 350+ person rapid-growth startup and hit the ground running owning the vision and build-out of People Development, Organizational Development, and People Business Partnership capacities in the People function
- Own Employee Experience/Employee Relations
- Make an immediate impact creating 1:1 and 1:many touchpoints in the organization, practicing your craft and advancing our People vision for norms, culture, and performance
- Develop and manage a vendor strategy for any people development (including tools and also training partners)
- Member of People function senior leadership team, reporting to Chief People Officer
What does it take to succeed?
- Comfort in high-velocity start-up environment. You are expert at building the plane after it takes off.
- An experimentalist and design approach — you take calculated risks and learn from them
- A strong coaching and mentorship style
- You are that amazing kind of coach and advisor that changes people’s mind about things by asking great questions, as opposed to teaching/preaching
- Significant experience (10+ years) in a series of progressively responsible People/HR/OD roles
- Significant experience in high-growth, venture-backed startups a major plus
- Demonstrated success in a variety of change, transformation, and learning modalities (e.g., design and delivery of face-to-face and remote coaching and training)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or higher in Organizational Development or similar area ideal
- Some travel (~10%) ability required
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.