Director, Data Science & Insightsنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ شهر
Location: Flexible (Boston, MA or New England region preferred)
Position available: November 2017
We are seeking a Director to join the Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team. The OE team ensures that ANet has the right goals that motivate and drive us to achieve our mission, spearheads our shared organizational focus on improving our core service model, and builds a research mindset and capability across ANet’s internal teams. This role reports to the Vice President, Org Effectiveness and is the ideal position for someone who has a passion for growing an organization’s confident use of data in order to shape strategic decisions and to deepen its long-term impact.
ANet is flexible to remote working, with occasional travel to ANet’s National Office in Boston. Therefore, proximity to the New England area and/or eastern time zone is preferable.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Examine our organizational impact on school performance and hone our organizational focus on impacting school practice
- Lead organization-wide school and student learning impact reporting against annual goals
- Manage complex analyses to extract new insights and year-over-year data patterns that convey a clear, compelling picture of ANet’s national impact over time
- Convey results on goals in a way that is user-friendly and compelling for internal teams and that can be used for external generalist audiences (i.e. impact statements)
- Leverage strong visualizations and presentations to boost end user (primarily senior leadership & marketing/business development teams) comprehension of national impact results
- Lead impact analyses that test and improve ANet’s core service model
- Execute organization-wide annual analyses that identify the relationships between state assessment outcomes (student and school performance) and internal practice with inputs data sources (school demographic data, school practice data, partner school survey data, etc.)
- Conduct complex analyses to extract relevant findings/insights and year-over-year data patterns to share with senior leadership tied to 2020 strategic plan and impact vision
- Partner closely with key business leads to identify annual prioritized research questions, drawing from prior years’ results, annual strategic goals, and ongoing learning agenda priorities
- Lead reporting and analysis of ANet’s evolving non-core service model offerings to assess impact
Lead long-cycle learning on ANet’s core service model, primarily via mix of data collection and analytic improvement strategies
- Lead data characterization and analyses of newer ANet data sources to deepen ANet’s ability to test and improve its core service model
- Lead exploratory analyses of school partner data to produce new, actionable findings that accelerate improving ANet’s core service model and other service offerings
- In collaboration with other OE team members and internal clients, set key research questions
- Partner with key internal product and program teams to finalize use cases and baseline set definitions, metrics, and modes of analyses
- Define reporting requirements for Engineering team
- Examine and conduct feasibility checks of data in Google Analytics and identify and establish business and analytic rules for using tools such as unSampler
- Explore opportunities with the Engineering team to identify longer-term data storage and cloud solutions
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have prior experience and success designing and leading internal program evaluations and/or business intelligence projects for scaling organizations.
- You bring proficiency and versatility with Excel and at least one statistical analysis software package (R, SAS, Stata, or SPSS) and are confident in advising others on matching the right analytic tool to the analytic task at hand.
- You excel at working with large, often new datasets, always in service of gleaning value for a range of stakeholders in order to shape an organization’s decision-making and strategy.
- You are optimistic that all of our schools can be successful if we learn together and that comes through in your facility with analyzing information and communicating complex findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You bring proficiency with data visualization software (i.e. Tableau) and website usage analytics and software tools (Google Analytics).
- You are confident in owning large-scale projects end-to-end, particularly in situations with high levels of ambiguity, because of your careful planning, time management, detail orientation, and prioritization skills.
- You are willing to take initiative, ask for feedback, and consistently reflect on ways to improve. You are eager to both teach and acquire new statistical and technical skills.
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- Prior experience in a school, education, or nonprofit setting
- Degree in quantitative field, program evaluation, analytics, or statistics
- Proficiency with unSampler
- SQL proficiency
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that’s grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund’s “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time’s “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|