Studio Simpatico is seeking a Digital Designer!
Studio Simpatico is an energetic and creative design and development shop based in NoMad. Our work ranges from branding to web development to print design to digital product design, and we collaborate with clients across a diverse range of industries.
About the Position
This is a very hands-on position to support the increasing volume of exciting and challenging work that we have been getting. You will be working directly with our Creative Lead to interpret and execute our vision for a variety of projects including web design, digital product design, and branding collateral. We would also love for the candidate to feel comfortable participating in brainstorming and concepting sessions.
This is an excellent opportunity to get firsthand experience in applying your skills to real world client work. We are both very excited to share our experience with you and help you grow your design and technical skills.
- Work full-time onsite in our New York City office;
- BFA/BA in visual design or a pertinent field;
- Adequate experience in using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as Sketch;
- Excellent understanding of core design principles for the digital realm including typography, grids, color theory, and layout;
- An understanding of the differences between designing for web vs. print;
- A working understanding of how HTML/CSS works in implementing web designs (coding is not required, but an understanding of how the web works is);
- Ability to follow art direction and constructive feedback;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- A willingness to learn and work within our creative process;
- A friendly and positive attitude.
Nice to Have
- Basic understanding of WordPress;
- Motion design experience;
- Real world client experience.
How to Apply
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio and relevant work samples
- Salary requirements
- Favorite website (and why)
- Available start date