We’re seeking an experienced and motivated full-time digital project manager to join our 12 person team of designers and developers.
We are looking for someone who has exceptional communication skills, is highly organized, and has a background that has transcended both design and technology disciplines. At least three years of experience managing projects in a studio/agency environment is required, with at least one year of experience managing digital projects. This role will involve coordinating with our leadership team to set project budgets and schedules, and working closely with our designers, developers, and clients to facilitate a seamless process throughout the course of each project. You will be expected to understand digital design processes and vocabulary, along with enough technical knowledge to effectively plan and manage iterative development workflows, from scope definition through quality assurance.
As a small but growing team, you will have the opportunity to help shape Type/Code’s trajectory. We are seeking someone who is able to identify opportunities to improve our processes, and is motivated by the possibility of streamlining and scaling our organization. While we strive to offer a flexible work schedule, we can only consider local candidates for this position.
- Be the first point of contact between clients, collaborators, and our team, facilitating the flow of information and productive communication, and issue regular status updates to clients and team members.
- Help the team to manage and prioritize their time and projects: create and distribute internal schedules and monitor/track staff and out-of-house resources (freelance designers, developers, illustrators, photographers, copywriters, etc.) to meet schedules.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget by managing project risk and scope as well as client expectation.
- Review partner, staff and contractor time sheets on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy (e.g. that both billable and non-billable time is accounted for and that time has been applied accurately and realistically to each job).
- Keep partners informed and updated on the status of projects and client-related issues.
- Attend, document, and summarize important client meetings. Actively participate in project strategy sessions.
- Ensure the team provides timely updates (during weekly team meetings, or as needed) on changes to project scope, expectations and deliverables that may impact schedule, budgets and require change orders.
- Attend/lead any necessary internal meetings to keep projects on schedule/budget.
- Field incoming project leads, working with the partners to plan the next steps with qualified prospects, including assisting with pitch strategies.
- Work closely with the partners to write, manage, and negotiate project proposals, contracts, schedules, change orders, etc.
- Ready to wear many different hats, and step up wherever needed.
- 3+ years of client-facing studio/agency experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing digital projects.
- An understanding of digital design processes.
- Comfortable using project management tools such as Harvest, Jira, Slack, Trello, Google Apps, and Basecamp.
- Ability to manage cross-disciplinary teams, including creative and technical resources in multiple geographic locations
- Experience planning and managing agile story-driven development workflows.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with Type/Code’s team, clients, and collaborators.
Type/Code is interaction design studio that works with ambitious clients to bring powerful ideas to life. Our clients range from local organizations to technology startups, growing media properties, cultural institutions, and larger companies such as Google and GE. We focus on conceiving, designing, and developing exceptional digital experiences across all sorts of devices. While a significant amount of our work is client driven, we also jump at any opportunity to build self-driven tools and products. Our studio atmosphere is fun, laid-back, and filled with a passionate group of people who love what they do.