Meet the Company
Cloudbeds is one of San Diego’s top thriving startups working to transform the travel industry through innovative software. We are looking for hungry, enthusiastic, travel-obsessed people who love to explore the world and experience new cultures. We have five offices (San Diego, Dublin, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, and Kiev) as well as many employees scattered across the globe.
We’ve spent the past five years building a SaaS platform to power independent hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, inns, motels and more. Every day we get to work with a diverse group of people from around the world who spend their days doing what they love. We’re focused on building the best software tools to take these independent properties to the next level.
The Cloudbeds team is made up of nimble characters looking to make a positive impact on the community. If this sounds like you, keep on reading!
Cloudbeds is looking to recruit a full-time, Mid-Level DevOps Engineer who appreciates the startup experience. You will be brought on as an engineer for our myallocator product, which currently serves thousands of hotels and hostels around the world. Working under our product lead, you will help scale and maintain the product.
- Play a significant role in establishing operational processes for a fast-growing distributed cloud platform.
- Help scale our platform to 10x customers.
- Improve deployment process within AWS (ex. cross-region automated deployment).
- Improve automated test and simulation frameworks.
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics for cloud hosted environments.
- Develop application performance management to measure and act upon performance data.
- Consult and contribute to system architecture.
- Develop application features and improvements.
- Participate in on-call schedule in local timezone.
- Write clean, well-documented, and resilient code.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 4+ years experience with Linux.
- 4+ years experience with Perl.
- 4+ years experience with MySQL.
- 2+ years experience with NGINX.
- 2+ years supporting public or private cloud technology.
- Advanced skills in database technologies and server administration.
- Experience with web-based software development or operations-related position. (Basically someone who understands the perils and pains of dealing with a production system.)
- Experience with administering Amazon Web Services (EC2/VPC/ELB/RDS/S3/Cloudwatch/IAM/Route53).
- Experience with Redis or similar caching applications.
- Experience with AWS SQS or similar messaging applications.
- Experience with security and hands-on knowledge for hardening systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and scripting skills on Linux.
- Excellent at writing technical documentation.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time.
- Ability to work and communicate well in a small and remote team environment.
- Proficient using GIT.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with NodeJS programming.
- Experience with AWS Redshift and Elasticache storage services.
- Experience with UWSGI.
- Experience with automated deployment (Ansible).
- Experience writing unit and functional tests.
- Experience with metrics systems (Graphite, Carbon, Grafana).
- Experience working in a multiple server environment.
- Experience working in applications having Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience with Atlassian products [JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket].
- Experience with on-call support.
Preference will be given to candidates residing in the United States.
- Competitive Salaries
- Paid Benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Tons of growth opportunity
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume and let us know your favorite place to travel or what’s at the top of your bucket list!