We’re looking for driven, organized, and passionate DevOps Engineer to guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. The ideal Ad Hoc DevOps Engineer candidate lives and breathes continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) and wants their work to make a difference; cares passionately about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the lives of present and future Americans.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to building automated Continuous Delivery solutions that help enterprises deliver software of higher quality, at greater speed. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments of a web-based application with tools like Akamai or similar CDN, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and/or Jenkins.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, and CloudWatch
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
- Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance for the employee
- Vanguard 401K plan
- 20 days of PTO
- Continuing education benefits
- Annual conference attendance benefit
Agile, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, AWS, PagerDuty, Jenkins, API