Outstanding DevOps Engineer Opportunity
3 days on site with 2 remote/wfh days per week
Analyze, design, implement and validate all aspects of the application delivery pipeline. Establish best practices and drive automation methodologies for continuous integration and delivery. Aid in implementing and managing application health (performance, stability, scalability, etc.) and support security and audit related activities. Evaluate and make recommendations for various software packages and upgrades needed to establish a DevOps toolchain within the organization.
Manage and execute automated builds against source control repository for various environments (Dev, QA, Staging, Production) given established branching strategy. Collaborate with developers in identifying and creating the appropriate branches that meet the need of application initiatives and roadmaps. Aid with merging of application code. Help manage test cases and initiate automated unit and integration testing. Identify and implement automated load testing. Assume responsibility for producing deployment artifacts and packages for all environments from the established automated builds. Establish sound automated deployment processes to the various environments which adhere to the established IT policies and change control process. Deployment may include moving files, running SQL scripts, configuration changes, third-party installation and any other activity that is required for application deployment. Collaborate with the implementation and configuration of performance monitoring and synthetic testing. Aid with analyzing and interpreting monitoring results and help recommend paths to increased performance.
Work closely with senior management both within IT and outside of IT to communicate effectively in non-technical terms. Create and maintain positive and professional relationships with the user community and third party vendors. Drive technical projects to successful completion from start to finish without supervision.
Support peers and be a mentor to less experienced resources. Possess an intellectual curiosity about new technologies and functions as a change agent. Must be self-motivated advancing skills in new scripting languages, databases, development tools or development techniques quickly and completely. Provide recommendations to management on ways to use new technologies or improve existing application architecture that results in improved application deliverability and health.
Specific Job Knowledge
- Practical working knowledge of networking, security, virtualized and cloud based infrastructure
- Ability to identify and understand various enterprise and application architectures
- Highly knowledgeable with networking concepts (DNS, ACLs, HTTPS, Load Balancing, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of development, test and production environments and configuration processes
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Good analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork and open communication.
- With management guidance, be able to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo, RavenDB (or similar RDBMS/No SQL), Redgate, Data Virtualization
- Languages: PowerShell, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, T-SQL, SQLCMD
- Build Management/Automation: TeamCity, Jenkins (or similar), Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Other Tools/Technologies: Vagrant and VMWare
- Source Control: TFS, Git, Subversion (or similar)
- Performance Monitoring: Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics (or similar)
- Application Tools: MSBuild, Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server Management Studio, Quartz, Windows Scheduler
Relocation assistance is not provided to non-local candidates – Visa sponsorship is not available
Please contact Javier Vivanco at 404-809-1898 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enterprise Level Company in the eCommerce space