GRT is carefully searching for new Systems/DevOps candidates for a high profile, global commerce engagement. Desired location will be Sunnyvale, San Bruno or Carlsbad, CA however very high level remote candidates will also be considered.
GRT’s search for this new person is focused with all of our past success factors in mind. We are looking for a solid foundation of technology understanding and work/school experience; we are also equally interested in promising communication skills, and growth potential of any candidate.
Skills & Requirements
- Computer Science and/or Engineering related academic study
- Minimum of 3-4 years on the job, industry based work experience. (academic period work applicable)
- Self motivated individual/leader looking for challenging work material in a dynamic team environment. Strong communication skills a must with abilities to interact with both technical and non-techical client personnel.
Preferred Skills (some subset of the following concepts as applies to different roles):
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby) within UNIX and Linux environments.
- Experience with build systems (Docker, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, etc)
- Strong background in Unix (e.g., Linux) and Mac OSX environments
- Chef Server & Automation Platform
- SQL and Relational DB Knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Building and maintaining continuous integration systems.
- Developing internal tools and workflows for large dev teams.
- Systems integration with third party and in-house systems
- Node.js exposure and development expertise is a plus.
Grassroots Technologies, Inc.
Grassroots Technologies, Inc. (‘GRT’) is a privately owned, technical specialist group incorporated as an independent entity in spring, 2000. The company is a low overhead, lean, and nimble organization, consisting of highly skilled individuals who value Open Source and Best-of-Breed technologies when bringing our clients the best possible solutions. Our clients and associated development work are Mobile, Internet/Intranet Internet, Enterprise and Desktop focused, based primarily in the Metro New York Area.
The goal of Grassroots is to be the company of choice when our clients and technology partners are asked for referrals. We aim for the New York Internet Community to be of the mindset that “Grassroots Technologies, Inc. is a company which has proven it can get the job done and are a pleasure to work with”. All feedback to date, from the very influential clients we have retained, clearly indicates we are heading towards our goal.
GRT is a very close-knit group that has seen sustained success to over time. We take our work focus and interpersonal relationships very seriously; the result is a consistent level of quality service to our clients. It is this dedication to our work and our people that results in the high level of performance and expertise that is our competitive advantage. As a result, our recruiting activity is controlled, focusing on only the most promising of candidates.